Monday, December 17, 2007

Guns & Bombs & Migraines, Oh MY!

Well my boyfriend did open for Gun & Bombs at Lotus in Waikiki! It was pretty awesome. Um they didn't play very long. In fact they arrived late to the gig. I heard they stopped for a bite to eat at MAC 24/7. And I heard they were fighting. Oh well... my baybee KILLED IT!!!!! And I'm not just saying this because I'm his girlfriend. Dj KSM is pretty talented. And he knows his shit. He eats, breathes, lives music. He can pretty much play ANYTHING the party calls for. Hes not just a hip hop dj, or a Drum & bass dj, or a house dj, or electro/punk dj or indie rock dj or retro dj. He can do all that and then some. This isn't his hobby, or his side job. He does this for a living. Some of the sound techs for Lotus were pretty impressed by his skills. I was pretty impressed with Lotus. Its a nice venue. It looks like it should be in Downtown. It kinda reminds me of Pink Cadillac with the small bar & lounge with its own dj downstairs, and the main room upstairs. And there also another room upstairs. And the sound system is pretty sweet. I hope more cool shows happen at this place. I'm so there.

Now for the migraine portion. Yes, I've just started having them. Well actually they've started from the beginning of this year I think. I would awake in the middle of the night with a sharp pain on the left side of my head right behind my left eye socket. It would happen continously for several nites. I'd take an ibuprofen and I'd be fine. Then It would happen again and this time the pain would be sorta subdued, kinda dulled, but I could still feel it. and it would last for DAYS. Nonstop. I was kinda worried. My sister was having really bad headaches and found that she had a blood vessel in her head leaking blood or something crazy like that so she had to do tests and even do chemo. Then my headache disappeared. So I never went to the doctor ( I LOATHE going to the doctor) and that was that. Then all of a sudden it started up again. Same side, same socket, same pain, for DAYS. I'm in between primary care physicians so i did the only thing that came to mind. I went to the emergency room. So I went. I urinated in a cup. They asked me questions. It didn't seem serious. But the doctor told me it sounded like migraines. Wha? I've never had them before. So he gave me a wonderful shot of Demerol (sp?) because I told him that the pain had kept me up all night. And gave a prescription for painkillers. And told me I should really get a PCP and make and appointment to see a doctor. Those painkillers haven't really been alot of help. I can't take em during the day, because they make you drowsy. But they don't seem to REALLY knock you out at nite. And they don't really help my pain. And I finally got a PCP and scheduled an appointment. When am I going? In FEB. This is crazy. Even the Excedrine for Migraines don't work. Help. I must get some rest. TTYL.

No comments: